Cereal is increasingly seen as synonymous with breakfast. They are quick to prepare, full of nutrients and, if you take the time to prepare them, tasty (just add nuts, nut butter, fruit or flavoured protein). That's why their popularity is growing.
However, in the plethora of breakfast cereals, it is often difficult to distinguish between those that are actually full of the promised complex carbohydrates, micronutrients and fibre, and those that fall into the category of ultra‑prepared foods full of sugar and other unnecessary additives. If you're looking for healthy cereals, you can choose from our selection:
- Oatmeal is the basic ingredient for breakfast cereals. But they also have their place in pastries, muffins, pancakes, cakes and smoothies. In addition to the evergreen oatmeal you can choose oatmeal made from spelt, buckwheat, barley, rice or corn.
- Muesli a mixture of flakes with nuts, seeds, dried fruit or chocolate. It tastes best with milk, white yoghurt or cottage cheese. For an even better taste, you can soak them in your favourite dairy product overnight and just top them up in the morning.
- Granola is a more calorific version of muesli, thanks to the added fat (e.g. maple or coconut syrup). The subsequent baking of the mixture ensures a golden colour and large crunchy pieces.
- Instant porridge are ready to eat immediately after pouring hot water over them. Our Vilgain minute porridge with 100% pure ingredients is definitely worth a try.
- chips add extra crunch to your breakfast porridge. They stand out on their own when combined with milk or yogurt. They also find use in the kitchen, e.g. as an alternative to breadcrumbs in breadcrumb coating.